Middle East Politics USA World

Reported US Strikes in Yemen Kill Four Amid Escalating Tensions in Middle East

Reported US Strikes in Yemen Kill Four Amid Escalating Tensions in Middle East
Source: AP Photo
  • PublishedApril 3, 2025

Four people have reportedly been killed in attacks attributed to the United States on the Hodeidah region of Yemen, according to Houthi sources, as per Al Jazeera.

The strikes come as the US military announced the deployment of a second aircraft carrier and additional warplanes to the Middle East.

Anees Alasbahi, a spokesman for the Houthi health minister, stated that three deaths were confirmed following a US attack on Tuesday night in the district of al-Mansouriyah. Al Masirah TV, affiliated with the Houthis, later reported that the death toll had risen to four. Local media also reported attacks in the Hajjah and Saada regions.

The U.S. has not confirmed its involvement in these specific attacks. Al Masirah TV had previously reported multiple US attacks hitting the Saada and Sanaa regions on Monday night, but there were no immediate reports of casualties.

According to Houthi sources, over 60 people have been killed in Yemen since March 15, when the US initiated a military offensive against Houthi forces. The group had threatened to renew attacks on Israeli-linked shipping in the Red Sea in response to perceived breaches of the ceasefire in Gaza by Israel.

The Pentagon announced on Tuesday that the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier would be deployed to the Middle East, joining the USS Harry S Truman.

“The United States and its partners remain committed to regional security in the CENTCOM (Central Command area of responsibility) and are prepared to respond to any state or non-state actor seeking to broaden or escalate conflict in the region,” the Pentagon said in a statement.

Houthi forces also claimed to have fired cruise missiles and drones at US ships in the Truman aircraft carrier group, marking what they said was the third strike against U.S. military vessels in 24 hours. The Pentagon has not confirmed these attacks.

Unconfirmed reports suggest that at least four B-2 bombers have been relocated to a US-British military base on Diego Garcia, an island in the Indian Ocean. The Diego Garcia base is within striking distance of both Yemen and Iran. The US military has declined to comment on the deployment of B-2s.

The deployment of a second aircraft carrier and B-2 bombers follows comments from US President Donald Trump that strikes on Houthi fighters will continue until they are no longer a threat to shipping.

Trump has also intensified rhetoric towards Iran, stating that “there will be bombing” if Iran does not agree to his terms regarding its nuclear program.

In response, Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei stated that the US would face a strong retaliation if Trump follows through with his threats. Iranian media have reported that Iranian forces have prepared missiles with the capability of striking US positions in the region.

Michelle Larsen

Michelle Larsen is a 23-year-old journalist and editor for Wyoming Star. Michelle has covered a variety of topics on both local (crime, politics, environment, sports in the USA) and global issues (USA around the globe; Middle East tensions, European security and politics, Ukraine war, conflicts in Africa, etc.), shaping the narrative and ensuring the quality of published content on Wyoming Star, providing the readership with essential information to shape their opinion on what is happening. Michelle has also interviewed political experts on the matters unfolding on the US political landscape and those around the world to provide the readership with better understanding of these complex processes. Education. Liberal Arts and Humanities, General Studies B.A. at Iowa Wesleyan University, 2019–2023