Europe Middle East Politics Sports

UEFA Bans Czech Coach for Life Over Secret Filming of Players

UEFA Bans Czech Coach for Life Over Secret Filming of Players
Source: Reuters
  • Published May 22, 2026

 

European football’s governing body has imposed a lifetime ban on Petr Vlachovsky, a Czech women’s football coach who secretly filmed players in changing rooms.

UEFA said on Tuesday that its Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body had banned Vlachovsky “from exercising any football-related activity for life” after investigating allegations of misconduct.

“The CEDB further decided to request FIFA to extend the abovementioned ban on a worldwide level and to order the Football Association of the Czech Republic to revoke Mr Petr Vlachovsky’s coaching licence,” UEFA said.

The decision follows reporting in Czech media that Vlachovsky was convicted in May 2025 after secretly filming FC Slovacko players in changing rooms. The youngest player was 17. According to the indictment cited by Czech outlets, Vlachovsky confessed and expressed regret.

He initially received a suspended one-year prison sentence and a five-year domestic coaching ban.

Vlachovsky had also previously coached the Czech women’s Under-19 team, making the case not only a club-level failure but a wider safeguarding issue for Czech football.

FC Slovacko said the matter had deeply affected the club and, most importantly, the players involved.

“This is a deeply serious and distressing matter which came to light ⁠in 2023 and had a significant impact on our club, ⁠and above all on the players affected,” a spokesperson for FC Slovacko told Reuters.

“From the moment we became aware of the allegations, the club acted immediately, terminated its cooperation with the former coach, and ⁠cooperated with the relevant authorities.

“Throughout this process, the club has regarded itself as an injured party and has treated the ⁠matter with the utmost seriousness, sensitivity and respect for ⁠those affected.”

Football players’ union FIFPRO welcomed UEFA’s decision and its request for FIFA to make the ban global.

“This outcome sends a strong and necessary message that abusive and inappropriate behaviour has no place in football and ‌that ‌safeguarding the wellbeing of players must remain a priority at every level of the game,” FIFPRO said.

 

Eduardo Mendez

Eduardo Mendez is an international correspondent for Wyoming Star. Eduardo resides in Cartagena. His main areas of interest are Latin American politics and international markets. Eduardo has been instrumental in Wyoming Star’s Venezuela coverage.