Economy USA

Stellantis Bets Big on Ram and Chrysler as It Targets a North America Comeback

Stellantis Bets Big on Ram and Chrysler as It Targets a North America Comeback
Ram Rumble Bee launches with the 5.7-liter Hemi V-8 (left), with availability starting late 2026; Rumble Bee 392 (right) and Rumble Bee SRT (center) arrive in the first half of 2027 (Ram Trucks)
  • Published May 22, 2026

CNBC, Stellantis, the Financial Times, Axios, Reuters contributed to this report.

Stellantis is trying to turn its US business around in a big way.

At its investor day Thursday, the carmaker laid out a plan to boost North American sales by 35% by 2030, with Ram Trucks and Chrysler doing a lot of the heavy lifting. The company also said it wants to bring Chrysler back to life with new crossovers, which is a pretty big shift for a brand that has spent years hanging on by a thread with just one main product.

The targets are ambitious. Stellantis wants sales to rise about 60% for Chrysler and Ram, 15% for Jeep and 10% for Dodge. By its own math, the company is aiming to go from 1.4 million US brand sales last year to 1.9 million by the end of the decade.

That is a lot of growth in a market the company expects to stay basically flat.

The core of the plan is new products. Stellantis says it will add 11 all-new vehicles in North America, including more affordable models under $40,000 and a couple under $30,000. Chrysler is supposed to get three new crossovers, Ram is getting a midsize pickup and a large SUV, and Dodge is due for a new crossover. Jeep’s lineup is getting refreshed too.

There is also a performance push. Stellantis wants to roll out eight new SRT models, including the new Ram Rumble Bee trucks and a high-end Hellcat variant. The company says those halo vehicles are not just about horsepower and bragging rights. They help pull attention toward the whole brand, and they make money too.

The turnaround plan, called FaSTLAne 2030, is broader than just trucks and sporty trims. Stellantis wants to cut complexity, lean harder on partnerships, and squeeze more out of its factories. It plans to spend about €60 billion over five years, much of it in North America, while also promising faster development, better quality and lower costs.

Executives said the company will rely more on global platforms and outside partners to keep spending under control. That includes ties with Leapmotor, Dongfeng, Tata Motors and Jaguar Land Rover, plus tech partners like Qualcomm, NVIDIA and Wayve. Stellantis is clearly betting that sharing the load is better than going it alone.

The US will get the biggest slice of the investment pie. Europe, meanwhile, is due for smaller capacity, more plant repurposing and a tighter focus on efficiency. Stellantis says it wants to protect jobs where it can, but the message is still clear: the company is pruning hard.

Investors did not exactly cheer the plan. The targets are long-dated, the execution risk is real, and the stock fell after the presentation. Still, Stellantis is making one thing obvious: it wants to stop spreading itself thin and start acting like a company that knows exactly which brands it wants to bet on.

Wyoming Star Staff

Wyoming Star publishes letters, opinions, and tips submissions as a public service. The content does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Wyoming Star or its employees. Letters to the editor and tips can be submitted via email at our Contact Us section.